| Time: 30 Mins|
- 4 -5 lbs chicken (or just thighs)
- 1 1/2 liters red wine (Burgundy is best)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces bacon
- olive oil or butter
- 10 frozen pearl onions
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Peel as well as cut garlic cloves. Cut poultry right into pieces, or utilize thighs. Place in big dish with bay leaves, thyme, and garlic. Pour enough red wine over poultry to cover. Cover with plastic cover as well as marinate in fridge over night.
- Dice bacon. Fry up until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Saute mushrooms in bacon drippings, adding oil or butter if needed, until they start to brown.
- Remove poultry from sauce, booking marinade. Rub chicken dry with paper towel. Brown hen pieces in oil or butter, on all sides.
- Peel and also cut carrots right into 1/2 inch pieces. Place onions as well as carrots in bottom of crock pot. Include hen, mushrooms as well as bacon. Mix tomato paste right into 2 cups of red wine marinade (with garlic pieces and bay leaves) as well as pour over all. Dispose of remaining marinate. Cover and cook on low setting 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to plate and also maintain warm. Stir corn starch into 1/4 cup water and also add to sauce. Turn to high and also chef till thickened. (You may wish to use even more corn starch, depending on exactly how thick you want gravy.) Stir in salt and also pepper to preference. Return hen to pot and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.